July 10, 2009

Poppin' Cherries

I spent a fortune grocery shopping yesterday, but I think my splurge in the produce section was totally worth it. Everything is in season and looked so delicious. Besides our normal staples of oranges, apples and bananas, I also bought apricots, cherries, red plums, black grapes, and strawberries. I did have to practice self control, however, as the pineapples, watermelons, and nectarines were also begging for a spot in my cart and a ride home.

Oh, I also picked up some fresh sweet corn. I think I'm going to cook some of that tonight with the apple, cinnamon pork chops I just started. I must remember that there are some tasty benefits to summer the next time I am complaining about the heat and humidity.















1 comment:

  1. You just reminded me why it's GOOD to be up this early on a Saturday... Farmer's Market! I should go drag the kidlets out of bed and go.

    Fresh fruits and veggies FTW!... nomnomnom!!!

    ReplyDelete