January 9, 2011

Cheesecake? Where have you been all of my life?!?

OK, not really cheesecake. I discovered an unbelievably good ice cream today that I swear tastes just like blueberry cheesecake... Good Value (Walmart's brand) all natural blueberry-pomegranate ice cream. It is to DIE for!

I know I haven't reported my totals or shared my pictures for a few days, but I assure you I haven't fallen off the wagon. We visited family for a couple of days and I brought all of my own food with me despite feeling like a total dork for doing so. I was very proud of myself for sticking to my diet with all of the carry-out pizza and cookies and soda around. Oh, and friggin' cinnamon rolls with icing!

My carb intake was up while we were gone and my protein levels down, but I kept my calorie and fat consumption in check. Saturday morning was supposed to be my weigh-in, but I didn't want to use a *strange* scale so I waited until this morning. Ready for it? T-W-E-L-V-E pounds since January 1st! Let me do the math for you... that was only eight days ago. I cannot begin to express how wonderful this makes me feel. I am simply elated.

I ordered a digital food scale last night off eBay. I have an old kitchen scale that I have no clue where it came from and I'm not sure how accurate the thing is. I don't think it is off in a bad way considering my results so if I get the new scale and start gaining because of it's accuracy, I guess I'll go back to the old one. I paid less than $7 for it on eBay.

Tomorrow I plan to get back to posting my totals and meals. For now, I need to go lock up that ice cream...

1 comment:

  1. 12 lbs???? Damn, girl! Maybe I should do what YOU are doing instead of joining WW. Congrats! Keep up the good work. You're inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete