January 5, 2011

Day 5

I am a creature of habit. It occurred to me today that I might need to state that here. I know that the same foods keep showing up over and over, like chicken breasts and the salsa I use, but that is because I like those foods. I don't tend to vary from things that I like until I am at risk of falling asleep in my plate from boredom. That being said, you will find that today's lunch is much like last night's dinner because it was so yummy that I couldn't wait to make (devour) it again. My point is, you will probably get bored with my food rotation way before I do.

Breakfast: egg scrambled with butter & black bean/white corn salsa, black beans, tea & honey

Lunch: green beans sauteed in butter, boneless/skinless chicken breast, dried cranberries

Dinner: grilled beef round steak, whole-wheat spaghetti, mushroom & green pepper spaghetti sauce

Daily Totals: 1280 calories, 42% carbs (134g), 28% fat (41g), 30% protein (97g). Again, the red meat really helps me reach my protein goal for the day. Tomorrow is the big grocery shop and I am hoping to find a few more sources of protein that aren't too high in fat. Suggestions welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment