January 12, 2011

Day 12

Really bad day emotionally. Husband and I spent the morning discussing our options with a hard decision that we may be facing. Just when I had decided that I was worn out and my head was going to explode, my (estranged) father called to tell me that a family friend that I have known all of my life passed away this morning. He was 55 years old and a remarkable human being. The man lived more than 30 years beyond his life expectancy (he was born with a genetic disease called cystic fibrosis) and it is pretty unbelievable to me that he is really gone. He was such an inspiration and now the world (and my heart) seems a little emptier in the wake of his passing.

Surprisingly, I resisted the urge to self-medicate with food today. I am an emotional eater though and through. I did *treat* myself to Starbucks, though, which threw my calorie count above where it has been since the first of the year. I was as disciplined as possible ordering the short (do you know how tiny that is compared to a venti?), nonfat, no whip version of my favorite. I feel good about not letting my emotions get the better of me and I'm trying to not beat myself up for going over my calorie goal today.

Breakfast: egg scrambled w/ 96% lean ground beef, black bean & white corn salsa, an orange, oatmeal w/ honey

Lunch: green beans, ground turkey, dried cranberries

Dinner: yellow corn taco shells, ground turkey, taco cheese, black bean & white corn salsa, shredded lettuce, black beans

Daily Totals: 1325 calories (100 calorie caramel macchiato included), 45% carbs (148g), 30% fat (45g), 25% protein (83g). That's it for me tonight. I am spent and my bed is calling my name. Hoping for a better tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment